Monday, November 9, 2009

Another meltdown

Gator had his first dose of chemo on Nov. 2nd. Today is Monday the 9th. Everything seems to be going ok. He's been pretty tired this weekend....slept all day Saturday (didn't get up 'till 6:30pm!) but we did the show at Rounders the night before and it whooped him! No nausea. We went to Seattle today to get the pic line flushed and draw blood to check his numbers. Everything was good. He also got an x-ray of his back bacause he's still walking a little funny. Part of that is caused by the tingling he has in his feet. He thinks that is from the diabetes but we don't know for sure. Ellen will call to let us know the results of the x-ray.
We also talked to Anna Fisher (social worker at the VA) about the jerk I talked to on the phone Sun. October 11th at 7pm. He was the Administrative Officer On Duty and I had to talk to him because there was a mix up with our motel reservations at the Days Inn (as usual!) .... Gator was getting whole brain radiation early Monday morning and so we were set up with a room the night before. He had a temp. of 103.7 (had a virus) and was sitting in the car waiting for me to check us into our room. They said we had no reservation so I called the VA. The guy on the phone wouldn't help me until I explained to him why we were coming in the night before. I gave him Gators last 4 of his SS# so he had access to Gators records but the A-hole insisted that I explain to him what procedure he was getting done! I told him I didn't feel we needed to discuss that and he said "Oh yes we do! I am the Administrative officer of this hospital and I need to know what is going on in MY hospital" then he said "as a matter of fact I'm in charge tomorrow too!" Sooooo while I was crying, I explained to him that Gator was getting Whole brain radiation. With the stress and worry of Gator not feeling good and after the long drive in pouring rain and the screw up with our reservations not to mention the fear we have about the whole brain radiation.....I just couldn't control my tears. Finally, I asked him if he wanted me to give the phone to the clerk at the motel and he said "no, he has my number, just have him call me!" and he hung up. We reported him to the patient advocate the following tuesday....then I went back in 1 week later to find out was was done and she said he was repremanded. Well, today Ellen asked us to talk to Anna Fisher about it ...... so we did, she said she thinks we should get an apology..... Gator says he just wants to make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe they should give the guy some sensitivity training! Ok....I'm done, Gator feels good considering all he's going through.....Love & Stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment