Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nurse from hell

We took Gator in to Centralia Hospital on Tues. the 23rd.  First they wheeled him into a room that had blood all over the floor and on the counters!  I started wiping the counters with Alcohol wipes and then a nurse came in and mopped the floor.  Then we nurse "Bonnie"  the evil nurse from hell.  She asked me; "what kind of  IV pain medication does he usually get?" and I said he doesn't usually get IV pain medication.  She raised her voice and said; " I just don't want him laying there in pain!"  I told her well I don't either but how can I tell you what kind of  IV pain medication to give him when he hasn't ever had any? She didn't say anything but while she hooked up his IV she coughed into her gloveless hand!  After what seemed like a very long time to me, I asked her if he was going to get something for the pain and she raised her voice again and said; "That's not up to me, you'll have to talk to the doctor!"  What a witch with a capital "B"!!  Well I noticed that Gator was laying flat on his back with his legs hanging over the foot of the bed and really stuggleing to breathe, so I reached under his armpits and pulled him up on the bed (like I always do!) and she yelled at me to get away from him, I'll call someone to do that!  I told her he needed help now so I just finished what I was doing and then she said "Do you want to leave this room?".  I lost it!  I told her no, you are leaving I don't want you to have anything to do with my husbands care!  Then I heard Gator's shaky voice saying "hey now that's enough"  so I turned my back on that nurse and just worked on his medication list.  She flew by me and said "I'll get my supervisor"  I said; "Thank you!" ...
   They put us into another room with a new nurse and when I told one of the other nurses what had happened she said; "she's usually very good, but she's been throwing up and coughing for days, the only reason she came in today is because we are so short handed!"  She was sick and wasn't wearing a mask or even gloves?  I'm just blown away...

No comments:

Post a Comment