Monday, May 24, 2010

Last goodbyes?

Well Gator's kids came from Oregon to say their goodbyes to Gator....stayed for about an hour and then talked to him for about 10 minutes then left crying and saying they were done.  That was last week some time I think.  The days are all running together.  Anyway, today Gator is sitting up eating, drinking and using the portable comode (with some help getting to it!) by himself!  He's a fighter and apparently not quite ready to leave.  He looks good and says he feels good too.  He's taking the Morphine ER 15 mg twice a day and maybe once  during the night he'll use the under the tongue morphine for breakthrough pain.  He's very alert and talking about playing his keyboards and trying to work his leg muscles more so he can stand up.  I see a little swelling around his right eye and his eye is watery....not sure what that is.  Roy and Kelly came to visit from Oregon yesterday, Carol and Roger were here last week.  Miss. Kitty came and stayed with us for a few hours on Saturday...that was fun! Booger and Deb are pretty regular visitors and so are Rocky and Chirp.  Thank goodness for Dan and Trudy, especially Trudy.  She calls every day to see if we need anything and has been picking up new scripts for Gator just about every day!  We love you guys....Thank you so much!    I think I'll start fixing this blog up like the first blog....do it on the laptop first and then just upload it all.  It's much easier to read that way. That's all for now I will update  with pics soon.....if I didn't have dial-up it would be done, it just takes so long! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys! Miss ya at Rounders. Wasn't sure if you wanted any company. Send me your email so I can check before I make a short trip out. I can always pick up things on my way. I'm not fat from ya! Would love to come have a little visit, so we'll talk soon? Love ya much! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops....FAR from ya, hahah!!! My typing skills are sometimes lacking! Deb

    ReplyDelete